Wednesday, March 30, 2011

potpurri

- since I discovered my township doesn't recycle I have been bringing my recyclables to work.  This has been working out pretty well, I pack up my car the nite before and just dump it in the recycle dumpster.  I always feel really good when I do it, I know it takes so little to make me happy.

-a co-worker/former supervisor is leaving the company I work for this Friday and I am pretty upset about it.  She have been here like 20 years or something.  The company has gone through lots of changes and received a new VP of human resources who came from a for profit co and now trying to run this mom and pop company the same.  It really have not gone well, new policies causing people that have been here for 10 15 years to get fired and/or resign.  I am really annoyed with alot of things here but I have a plan that I am working and then I"m leaving here as well.

-I am meeting the tech guy to have my hard drive repaired today.  Thank god!

-Ebony and I have decided on our mommy vaca dates, May 19 -24.  Miami here we come, another co worker of mine wants to go.  She's a single mom and likes the idea and said she never goes any where and would like to go.  My vision of the mommy vaca is that all the mommies I know get together and participate every year.  We make a decision come up with a date and everybody pulls together and go.  I know a few other mommies who want to go I am hopeful that it will come together with more mommies very soon.  So we are staying in South beach, a half block from the beach in a very nice hotel in the middle of the art deco area(the happening spot) all for $550 bucks, that includes airfare and hotel stay.  Can't wait!

-my working time have been going pretty good.  yesterday I used the gym at my job, they have a small cardio area and some free weights.  I worked out for a half hour, the father picks the kids up on Monday and Tuesday so I think me staying those days will work out fine for me.  It's free so I doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Wait-- the Happy Home has a gym now? You and I need to get together and catch up on life. Who is leaving? It's sad, but I still like to hear the work gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its really sad...but when I have my get together you are sure on the list.

    ReplyDelete