Friday, March 25, 2011

There is nothing like a well put together plan

Yesterday I meet with my advisor at DCCC, there was a short presentation welcoming new students and afterwards they helped with registration.  I felt great just being in that atmosphere, knowing that I am starting something new making a plan and following through.  I'm sort of anxious, I wanted to get into a summer course but they weren't offering anything I needed in a time slot I could do.  Waiting until the fall is cool it will give me a chance to prepare and let my supervisor know my new schedule.  Currently I work 8am to 430pm, since I will have evening classes on Monday and Wednesday, I plan to work 930am to 6pm just on those days.  Since I am 10mins down the road from school I have plenty of time to get to class that starts at 630pm.  I seems like alot but I actually do well when I have alot on my plate.  I worked out the schedule with the father as he will be picking the kids up and on Wednesday he will bring them home and my mom will watch them.  I hope things work as smooth as they sound.  I really want to this.
Wednesday night I was in such a good mood when I got home.  I was downloading music on my niece's mp3 player, cooking and dancing with the kids.  I love my itunes and my Bose speaker, we had a great time.  I have so many ideas and things I want to do in my new place but of course all of this cost money so slow is the name of the game.  I am thinking I will have a small mixer at my place very soon.  Everyone that knows me know that I enjoy hosting gatherings, but since I am holding off on a house warming until I actually buy my house I'm just going to do a cocktail gathering.
The weekend is here and I am extremely happy and not because I have huge plans, just because I am sick of work.  I am very bored with my job.  I really can't complain and not that I am, well maybe a little.  I know I have a good position but it's just not enough for me anymore.  I went through and rough time and I needed a job that wasn't demanding during that time.  Now I am moving forward with my life I feel like I have outgrown my job.  And I'm not saying this in a bad way, I just know I'm ready to move on to something more meaningful and challenging.  I hear a few people telling me "girl your crazy to give up that job", but it's not that I am giving up my position, because I will be right here til I'm done school and on to my career path, but I am looking forward to making career changes.
I am thinking I want to make a stop at Kohl's, maybe for just some window shopping just to price somethings for our up and coming mommy vacation.  We will see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment