Monday, March 21, 2011

a better weekend

I thought when I got my new computer and wireless set up I would do more blogging at home.  Honestly I really don't have much time but not only that I don't have the quiet time to organize my thoughts to actually sit and blog. 
My weekend went pretty well, Friday I went out on a (drum roll please) date!  I have been talking to this guy I met on the website and we really had great conversations.  I have been doing a little survey asking people I know how they feel about dating websites.  It came out to be split, while some people agree that it's the world we live in where people meet on the Internet and between work, family there isn't that many opportunities to meet someone.  But then I talked to a few people who had the idea that everyone on the Internet are liars and murderers.  Of course when I'm asking people about how they felt I never let them know that I went on the Internet and met someone, who knows I just might turn out to be one of those serial murderers.  Any who....We met up Friday around 8pm, I was initially worried that when I saw him in person he would totally not look the way he did in his pics.  But he did.  I decided I didn't want our 1st meet up to be long, just in case I was not feeling him.  So we met at Ruby's Tuesday's by the airport, not far from Ebony who of course knows everything.  I was over her house first just so she could give me the ok about my outfit, which was actually very simple.  My skinny jeans a brown shirt and my leopard print stiletto's, simple but very sexy.  We talked I drank a small glass of wine and then we parted way's.  We both seem pretty happy with each other so we agreed that we would set up a time to hang out again.
Saturday I laid in bed until 11am, now that is very late for me.  Usually Ase wakes me up and then I'm up around 8am.  But I could not get myself together once I got up I made lunch for everybody.  Ayanna was schedule to hang out with her friend Deja, so I waited for them to come pick her up.  After that I went food shopping and when I came back home I took a nap.  I don't know why I just couldn't get enough sleep.
Sunday I recovered enough to make it to the hall.  Afterward I came home started my laundry and dinner.  I invited Renita(a friend from the hall and Deja's mom) over for dinner.  I felt nice since she had us over several times for dinner, it felt good to be able to invite someone over.  I made mac and cheese(homemade) fried some chicken and steamed broccoli.  The kids played and after we ate we sat and drank some wine.  We had such a good time doing nothing and talking about everything.  The father came past to pick up and drop off Ayanna, she had a hair appointment.  He ate dinner hung around some and then he left, of course me and Renita talked about him.  Nothing major you know the usual girl talk. 
Now it's Monday and raining.....

1 comment:

  1. I was on the fence about internet dating for a while too. But then when I joined e-harmony, the first guy I ended up meeting IRL, I ended up dating for over six months (PDH). He used to tease me all the time though because at first I would always block my cellphone number when I called him so he couldn't have it and I also wouldn't meet him in person until I had looked him up on the sex offender registry. Anyways, he was a good guy, so it made me a bit more of a believer. I know lots of normal people who are on internet dating sites. You just have ot be cautious when you are initially meeting up and trading info.

    ReplyDelete