Thursday, February 24, 2011

she's still my little girl

I'm sure she would role over and die if she knew I was talking about this but my little girl has just come upon another milestone in her life..............she got her cycle last night
I knew it was coming so it was no surprise to her, which I was really happy with.  I felt like I did my job as the mommy.  We have been talking about getting her cycle for the past year.  I bought this book by American Girl
The care & keeping of you: the body book for girls [Book]
its wonderful and I recommend it for any mom.  They also have it for boys.  It's a delicate way of explaining things that are happening to them and a great conversation starter.  I love love love it! 
I'm not the mom who never wants the kids to grow up or dreads these topics and discussion with my kids.  I was so proud of her.  She asked lots of questions and we talked in depth about what's happening to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment