Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"The only constant in life is change"

The start of this year I have been doing things to send my life in a certain direction.  Not because it was a new year but just because it's time for change.  Another milestone I accomplished on Monday I officially filed for divorce.  I have to say that I feel very indifferent about it.  I am just so excited about so many things in my life(ex. school, moving, working out) that this step was just another step needed to bring about better things for me.  Since the father is the one who insisted on getting a divorce but did not take any real action towards it, I initially just decided that I would keep an open mind about the marriage.  Not pushing in any particular direction just going about life.  I have stopped just going on about life and started planning my life and making moves towards obtaining things I want and goals I want to accomplish.  He always expressed that he would pay for the divorce, something I never really believed since he has been saying that for the past 2 years.  Monday I went to a legal document office and began filling out paperwork, I also gave them exactly half the money.  I told the father what I did and that he can go down there and pay for the other half(like he said he would do).  He said he would go there on Tuesday.(please, as if)  So here it is Wednesday.  I have an appointment with them on Saturday to pay other half, give them a copy of marriage license and start signing paperwork.  Either way if he doesn't go there this week, I will march the other half down there and put a period on the end of this chapter, close the book and open a new one.               How do I feel??                  It feels GREAT!!!  I feel empowered and totally in control of my own life.  Who knew ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it feels like we are doing ourselves good by being passive and avoiding potentially unpleasant situations. Good for you for pushing on. =)

    ReplyDelete