Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's crazy how I am actually blogging from the computer in my son's hospital room.  He is taking a nap, which is wonderful since he is sooooo cranky.  We got here yesterday(friday) early afternoon.  I was attempting to handling this at home but I just got uncomfortable with his breathing and decided to bring him in.  I never want to become desensitized to his condition or start thinking "oh he's ok".  My motherly instincts always know when we need to come in.  All the times we have been to the er we have been admitted every time with 1 exception.  So yes in total this makes our 5th admission.  I pray that he grows out of this and will be able to lead a normal active life.  I feel so alone when I'm here, I know I have friends/family support but I feel so alienated.  I know him being hospitalized is not about me but the reality is when he's here I'm here.  And yes he does have his father but oh no mommy needs to be by his side. 
Last night was my companies annual holiday party and yes I missed it.  I wasn't to upset but I did want to put on some clothes and enjoy some nice food.  And I have to admit I wanted to dance and hang out with this long time friend.  He actually was the only reason I was going since he insisted that I go.  And after weeks of back and forth I gave in and told him I would come.  And I did feel bad, I invited a friend to go with me and I know she made arrangements to go and we both ended up not going.
Hopefully we will be leaving tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. =( Hope your little guy is feeling better. Sorry you had to miss the party. It's always great people watching.

    ReplyDelete