Thursday, July 14, 2011

what a world we live in

so last night I watched the documentary "Becoming Chaz" on the OWN network.(yea Oprah just never stops)  Those of you that don't know, which I don't see how but it documents Chasity Bono(sp?) Cher and Sonni Bono only child transform herself from a woman to a man.  I"m not sure if I am politically correct.  They go back to pictures and skits of her earlier years on her parents tv show and she is the cutest little blonde hair little girl.  Then it just jumps to this fat chubby short haired guy who had surgery to remove his/her breast and faithfully injected testosterone in his buttock while running the risk of cancer.  Watching interviews with Cher it seemed obvious that she was not thrilled that her only daughter decided to make this transition.  I found myself wondering how would I feel, react if one of my children decided to do such a thing.  I know for sure that I would not be happy or even a little bit understanding of such a thing but then I said my love is not conditional for my children but I just know that I would not be that parent who embraces this.  I felt a sadness for not only Cher but Chaz, Chasity which by the way she also legally changed her name to Chaz.  But a sadness from a mom stand point, she no longer has a daughter who she could watch grow into a women.  Talking about guys, being a bride,getting pregnant giving birth, having grandchildren, shopping for pretty dresses, make up hair all those things that seperate girls from boys, not to say that she can't do all those things but come on seriously.  And not to say that all girls grow up to do those things but yes more likely than not.  Anyway I couldn't imagine having to deal with something so tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment