Monday, June 20, 2011

Graduation

Last Thursday Gia graduated from elementary school(tear) and is headed off to Middle school. I can't believe how she is growing into such a young lady.  The father and I was there and things went very well, she got awards, as expected not to brag but she is an excellent student.  The little ceremony ran about an hour, I have to admit I found myself thinking "sheesh this is kinda long", but it was cute.  Afterward she wanted to go to Olive Garden but the graduation ended a little after 10am so it was too early to go there.  The father took us to breakfast and then he went off back to work.  We went back to the house, I did a few things and later on I took her to dinner at the Olive Garden.  Here she is.....with the father as well.








Also Saturday was her Graduation BBQ and things turned out pretty well.  I think I did pretty good with the food and the bbq.  Lots of her friends showed up, I know that was pretty important.  A hand full of my guest came out and everyone said they had a nice time.  the Undomestic Goddess came over, its been awhile since she has seen Gia.  If I remember correctly Gia was 4 or 5 years old when she first met her, we laughed at how big she is and how time flies.  Everyone was pretty entertained at my ex-mother in law, UGGGG.  She is always a spectical, which is a shame but it's true.  I always refer to her as an old hoochie, you know lady who thinks she still young enough to wear a half-shirt, the old lady in the bar talking about she still got it, the one who just doesn't want to act her age, that's her!  It's funny because the father just ignores her and he does it so well that if they in the same room you wouldn't even think that he knows her.  Anyway everyone had a good time, the next day I was exhausted and I was pretty much in and out of sleep all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment